- ½ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dark cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup fat-free milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended.
- Add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and vanilla, stirring until the sauce is smooth.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.