- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced (add more or less to taste)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or a potato masher to mash the avocados to your desired consistency.
- Stir in the jalapeño, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin until well-mixed.
- (If adding tomatoes, stir them in at the very end.)
- Taste and season with extra salt (plus extra lime juice, jalapeño and/or cilantro) if needed.