< Back to recipes
- 15 oz beans (425 g), 1 can be drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup basil pesto (110 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ Cup of water
- Pour the rinsed chickpeas onto half the area of a kitchen towel
- Fold the other half of the towel on top of the beans, and rub them so that the skins start to come off
- Place all of the peeled beans in the bowl of a food processor, along with the salt, cumin, garlic, and pesto.
- Turn the processor on to break up the mixture.
- With the food processor running, pour in the lemon juice and water, and let the processor run until the mixture is smooth.