- (28-ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese
- Empty peeled plum tomatoes into a bowl and break them up with your hands or a spoon.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add garlic.
- Gently fry ingredients together.
- Add the peeled plum tomatoes to the saucepan.
- Simmer on low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt.
- Add the basil leaves at the end.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add the ricotta and Serve immediately.