- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (about ¼ ounce; 7g)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) water
- ⅔ cup (160ml) pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup (74g) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) soy sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.